The Staff are selected for their quality of accredited skills, experience, professionalism, integrity and friendliness. All staff have Garda clearance and good references.
Care Assistants, all have at least 1 accredited training that is relevant to working with ‘Older Persons’. New staff will have worked in this area of care and prior to working, shall take part in an induction period. It is during induction, that staff will be able to familiarize themselves with the day to day running of Rushmore. New staff shall be guided through induction by an existing staff member.
- Care code of conduct/core values
- The rights of the resident
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene and Safety
- Personal care tasks
- Health care responsibilities
- Any additional training deemed necessary by Rushmore
- Access to this resident guide
- All staff shall be informed regarding policies, procedures, risk management and best practise
- Safety when reporting matters
Staff training shall be on-going and up-dated and at a minimum this includes manual handling, elderly abuse, hygiene, infection control and communication skills.